Monday 11 January 2010

Work in progress.

Here I just wanted to post some of the work I have produced leading up to my final piece.



This is an example of one of the first renders I created, to describe visually the look I was searching for.



This is a sketch of a character design I have created as part of the storyline for my animation.

Storyline:

My animation is going to be an abstract, artistic approach to storytelling. I will let my images speak for themselves as there will be no dialogue, and to accompany the images I will be using a song which I felt matched the feeling of the piece quite well.

The start of the animation will be quite dark, you are given the impression that it is night time. You will be shown abstract images of clocks, while moving towards a girl sitting at a desk. The clocks are to symbolise the passing of time. I tried to relate the story to myself, sending two messages. One, that art can be a pleasant experience most of the time, in that you spend hours and hours working over an image to get it perfect and you don't notice the time fly by. Then at other times.. You just can't seem to get the message out, and time slips away while you scramble to accomplish your goals.

You follow the character in my story as she creates drawings of another character, who's world is bright and vibrant. Fast moving and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment